Sunday 8 May 2016

1BHK in Mumbai!!!

        Welcome Folks!!! Thanks for appreciating my last post :) In this post I am going to share my experience of buying flat in Mumbai. Everyone knows that owning a flat in Mumbai is how difficult nowadays. But its a common need of a common man. One gets it very easily and one sacrifices everything to get that one flat.This story is also of a very common man who struggled a lot and sacrificed lot of things to own flat in Mumbai.

        Me and my family were living in Government quarters since 1993, as my father works as government servant. So we didn't have our own house in Mumbai. We were happy in that flat as we were only four , my Mom-Dad, younger brother and me. The scene of buying home came into picture when my marriage got fixed with my love. So we needed at least samll 1BHK or a big 1RK that can be converted to small 1BHK for 5 of us.  And here begins the new chapter of my life ;)                

        So the search was started for a new flat. As you all know buying new flat in Mumbai is too expensive, so I decided to go out of Mumbai i.e. Thane, Kalyan or Navi Mumbai. I found some awesome flats there which matched my budget. But here comes the twist... My Mom started her melodrama like as always. She was not ready to move out of the Mumbai, so refused to come to see those flats in Navi Mumbai. She had lots of emotions and attachments with that colony in Bandra ...with family & friends living there , so she said I want flat nearby Bandra i.e. Western Line in Mumbai. I told her we cant afford new flat nearby Bandra, but she was not listening to anyone. So I decided to buy resale small 1BHK in areas near Bandra.

           I contacted many people , visited many websites and finally I got a call from Malad saying one flat is there for sale and it is under my budget too. Without waiting for anyone I visited the owner and sealed the deal. My family was so happy and most important, my would be wife was feeling proud that I was doing this for her. But again life took another wrong turn. No bank was giving approval of 80% loan on that flat , max loan I was getting was 60% and remaining money was too big and it was out of my budget. So unfortunately I had to skip this plan of buying flat in Malad.

           Same situation happened with me twice after Malad tragedy. I got so frustrated. I had given promise to my would be father in law that , I don't own flat now but I will take your daughter only after buying my own sweet home. So tension was on peak. I was not able concentrate on office work. Situations were like whenever I was shortlisting any flat , it was either out of budget or Banks were not ready to approve loan on that. Everyday was like hell to me and marriage date was getting closer. My brain had stopped working. Daily I was trying to impress God for one single flat. Besides this my would be wife ... she was the only person who was giving me hope everyday, every moment. She had faith in me. She was also doing worships and all , we both searched flats in almost every area in Western Line of Mumbai , but our hands remained empty.

           And one day God finally showered blessings on us, we got one resale flat in Santacruze through some property website. The owner was so cooperative and good human being too. He helped us in home loan process. I submitted proposal for 80% loan in a bank and remaining money I had to pay from my savings ...so here comes another twist guys ;) . My family saved some money for my marriage and some for flat. But money saved for flat was too short. So I managed that through personal loan. Now you will be thinking problem got solved right? No guys , main problem started now only. Bank refused to accept legal papers of the building in which I was buying flat......my heart stopped beating.

           I didn't know what to do... my mind was blank. But coincidentally I met my friend in the same bank where I was trying for home loan . He was loan officer there and helped me a lot in the legal process. But the task was too difficult because I had to manage some high level papers from building society. I spent 2 weeks to gather those papers from building society and I only know how I have done that parallelly with managing my office my relationship and family. And finally that day came when I got home loan cheque on the name of owner, that day my feeling was like winning Cricket World Cup after 50 years. When owner handed over the flat keys to me just 1 month before my marriage .. I literally cried on that day... our hard work got its reward. For me there is no other great feeling than buying a flat. So guys from this experience I realized that. where there's a will ,there's definitely a beautiful way !!!!!



If you had Experience like I had please share with me!!!



7 comments: